DEEP guides aim to support the involvement of people with dementia. Some were created for DEEP groups or individuals with dementia, others are for organisations wanting to work well with people who have dementia.
Some of these guides were co-produced with people with dementia, others were created independently by groups of people with dementia. This list of DEEP guides will be regularly updated throughout the project; contributions and suggestions for new guides are welcome. Please contact DEEP for more information.
For people who have dementia:
- Travelling with Dementia—A guide developed by the Scottish Dementia Working Group
- Enhancing communication—A ‘By us, For us’ guide for people like us with early stage memory loss
- Using sound recording—A DEEP guide to getting your message heard
- Telling Our Stories—A guide to using film to hear the voices of people with dementia.
For organisations and communities
- Changing roles
- Involving people with dementia in advisory groups
- Setting up an influencing group
- Involving people with dementia in Dementia Friendly Communities
- DEEP Guide – Language
- Writing dementia-friendly information
- Creating websites for people with dementia
- Tips for consulting people with dementia about written documents
- Choosing a dementia-friendly meeting space
- Collecting the view of people with dementia
- Involving people with dementia at conferences and events
- Guide for conference presenters
- DEEP Guide – For film-makers
- Involving people with dementia in recruitment
- Dementia-friendly tips for employers
- The Scottish Dementia Working Group’s Core principles for involving people with dementia in research—Produced by the SWDG Research Sub-group